Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Something

I need a business of my own.

I need a business of my own so that I can set my own hours, answer to nobody but myself, work as much as I want or as little as I want.

I need my own business to help me feel more self... self... self, uh, something. Self sufficient. If you know what I mean.

I want my own business so that I can make money doing or producing something that I enjoy doing or producing, instead of sitting in front of a computer all day answering phones and getting secretary butt (it's a really serious condition. Symptoms include but are not limited to the widening of the butt area), or waiting tables. I HATE waiting tables. Customer service sucks.

I want my own business so that I can feel the gratification of somebody liking something I made or did so much that they gave me money for it.

I want my own business so that I can still bring in some income when I have babies, because I do not want to have a "real" job when I have kids. I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with them, even if I'm working with a baby on my back or in a little play pen in my [home] office with me.

I want my own business in case something happens to Brett and I need something to fall back on.

I want my own business so that I can work a little extra if there is something that I want to buy for my husband, kids, or myself. My mom and grandma taught me about the importance of a woman having a little "mad money" stashed away for a rainy day. Even when Brett and I have been really strapped, I've tried to keep $10 or so in my sock drawer so that I could go buy myself some lip gloss or a Jamba or something. Shopping really does make me feel better. Always has. I don't know why.

I want my own business so that in addition to being able to blow my own money if I want to, I can also work a little extra to pay off this credit card faster, or pay that bill early, just to get it out of the way.

You know what I mean?

5 comments:

Sara Marie said...

Morgan, I LOVE you!!! You are so funny! Secretary butt sucks.

I just started a blog for Ryder and I, check it out!

Hope you're doing well! When are you moving??

Sara Haycock-Thomason

Elisse Newey said...

i feeeeeeeeeeeel you!

try being a prof. genealogist! or a secret shopper. I aloways wanted to be one of the those. Two birds. one stone. you know.
Or maybe uh..... professional envelope licker. People could send you all unwanted envelope licking jobs. there probably wouldn't be a lot of kissing afterward though. You would be sore.

Sarah said...

I totally understand this. I didn't know how much I wanted my own business until I started one. And stashing away money for girls is very important because boys don't understand how much shopping makes us happy, and how much a lip gloss can brighten our day. Your Mom and your Grandma are very smart women indeed. Even Gordon B. Hinckley's Grandma (or Mom? I will have to check) did that, so there you have it.

Sarah said...

p.s. Why don't you try photography? :)

Morgan Werner said...

Professional envelope licking... Well , not only would my tongue get sore, I would probably have a yucky taste in my mouth afterward. Envelopes don't taste very good anymore.

I very well might try photography! ;-) I need to see if I'm any good at it though. I cannot WAIT for my new camera!