Sunday, January 18, 2009

I can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, I lost my glasses. I'm blind. Can't see without lenses of some sort. Some of you know about the mishap inwhich I lost my glasses. I will not elaborate here. I don't want to think about it. Just know that it was traumatic.

Anyway, in order for me to drive, I need to see. Since our life sucked without me doing some driving sometimes, we looked into replacing my specs. I fell in love with some darling, black-rimmed Ralph Lauren frames that cost around $300. We geared up to save up. But then, it occurred to us (him). Contacts are actually cheaper!

So, I got some.
At first, it took me at least 20 minutes to get them in, and I was still pretty conscious of them throughout the day. That was two weeks ago. Now, I can get them in in about 5 minutes, and I forget that I even have them on. I even fell asleep in them one night because I couldn't feel them and forgot about them.


Wearing contacts is just what I needed. I used to not even bother putting on makeup since it couldn't even be seen behind my glasses, but then I felt frumpy all the time. I didn't even do anything with my hair, because it's a waste to flat iron one's hair without a matching face of makeup. Then, if I was ugly above the neck, what was the point in grooming anything below? What was the point in shaving anything? Why should I put the effort into a pedicure or manicure? If I hadn't maintained my pedicure, then there was NO way that I was wearing heels, which therefore means no skirts. Thus began my downward spiral of frumpiness.


So, I am hereby thankful for contacts, for I have gotten my groove back. Watch out, Brett! I'm feeling saucy!


3 comments:

Lissy and Dan Valletta said...

Hey...those are the contacts I wear! I love them! My eyes used to get so dry so quickly but it's not bad anymore. Welcome to the contact world!

Doug & April said...

You got some great contact lenses!! I'm glad to hear it's much easier for you now!

Maddy said...

This will make your photography better too since you don't have to look through so many glass lenses.