Monday, November 8, 2010

For the sake of egg nog...

I freakin' love egg nog. Every October, whenever it appears in the dairy section of the grocery store, I always buy a carton of it. I make sure I always have some in the fridge until January when the store stops carrying it. And the cool part of it is that Brett doesn't really like egg nog, so I get it all to my self all Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Woohoo!



Hmmm... let's see, what else can I ramble on about tonight... Oh! I know! In the year since I last posted, like REALLY posted, a few things have happened to us and for us. This spring, Brett got promoted to General Manager of the Islands here in Monterey! That was pretty awesome. He got that promotion pretty fast, considering he's only been a manager for less than three years now. He's doing so well at it! I'm so proud of him.

Also, my brother, Harrison, left for his mission this last March. He is serving in Uruguay, Montevideo West. He seems to be having a blast down there, and appears to have adjusted pretty well. (Eek, I need to write to him!) I can't wait to hear him speak spanish when he comes back! I just can't imagine my big, football jock little brother speaking another language fluently. It's so funny to see all the pictures of big, white Harrison with all the little, brown Uruguayans. He towers over all of them - even his American companions! He said that when he first got there, the locals thought he was a body builder, because they'd never seen such a big guy before. If you haven't seen Harrison in a while, he's 6'5", a gargantuan. He's got less than 500 days left. No, no, we're not counting down or anything.

Last year, Brett's mom, Judy, taught me how to knit, so I've been having a lot of fun with that. I need to take some pictures of my projects to show you! Right now, my biggest project is a huge, cable-knit blanket. I've been working on it since this summer, and I vowed to finish it by Christmas. I think I can, but it's just so big that I get bored with it easily and start on smaller projects, like baby beanies and scarves and stuff. I have a list as long as my arm of small projects that I want to try. I'll post some pictures of my blanket soon!

Ok, more later... maybe...

1 comment:

{Marie Long} said...

I too, L-O-V-E egg nog! The only problem is I now have 3 kids that love it as much as I do :(

I love knitting too! I woke up this morning {no joke} and was thinking about my next project, I think I want to do something easy like leg warmers for my 2 year old :)
Please post pictures, I want to see what you've done!